Friday, March 23, 2007

Bars of the Week: 03/23/07

As a new feature, every Friday there'll be a few bars that are either amazing or just a favorite of ours for some reason or another. I was gonna start off really strong with this first one, but I'll tell you why I'm not. I chose a Beastie Boys song because 1) I messed up on the first article about the Beastie Boys when I said on the DJ Lantern mixtape New York State of Mind had a Def Squad update of the last section of "It's the New Style." They did update it, but it wasn't for the mixtape. It was a song called "Beet Drop" from Redman's album Doc's the Name 2000. 2) These bars made me laugh pretty hard, so I like it. It's not the best, as you'll see, but I liked it!

Beastie Boys
"Brr Stick 'Em" from the single Right Right Now Now:

[Mike D.]
Update my firmware and I'm good to go/
I'm like "Danger, Will Robinson! Danger, Will Robinson!"/
Coming down the block and you're like "Oooo!"/
Bionic eye with the dootdootdootdootdootdootdoot.

-UnFan out

No comments: